Fallout New Vegas

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post  mrcrowley24 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:21 pm

wottagunn wrote:Just got Platinum on this motherfucker. Such a relief. The amount of freezes towards the end of the game was bullshit. Literally every 15 minutes.

Really, thats pretty crap. I think its a combination of a dated engine and it being such a massive game. Still, no excuse.


To Gunn and anyone else who has finished it, did you enjoy it as much as Fallout 3? Could you tell that it was developed by a different company?
avatar
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Posts : 1653
Kudos : 19
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : freezing in london

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post  wottagunn on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed it because it is Fallout, but it was far from the greatness of Fallout 3 in my opinion. Fallout 3 blew me away. It seemed like it was just you and a companion roaming around a wasteland with few supplies, and it worked well.
New Vegas is full of factions, and you play the whole game trying to make them all happy. It annoyed me.

I also thought a lot of the quests were poorly designed. It felt as if 70% of them were to go somewhere and just speak to someone, with the other 30% made up of interesting quests that took you to unknown places to kill things.
It's for that reason that I can tell it's not made by Bethesda. It's all in the quests. Fallout 3 quests were awesome. Everything else is basically the same.


I did enjoy some new features though, like weapon mods, different weapon types, some new perks (Jury Rigging), and the variety of enemies (like Blind deathclaws, young deathclaws, etc).
I also liked the ending sequences. I didn't on paper, but experiencing the four endings was great.

_________________


avatar
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Posts : 1928
Kudos : 55
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post  mrcrowley24 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 am

Fallout: New Vegas’s premier DLC pack, Dead Money, will finally make the jump to PlayStation 3 and PC on February 22, Bethesda has revealed.

In addition, the company also announced that a further three DLC packs are in the pipeline, and would be released “in the coming months” on all three major platforms. No further details are known at present, however.

Dead Money originally showed up on Xbox 360 back in December 2010, though at the time it remained unknown as to whether it’d release on Sony’s flagship console.

Check out our review of Fallout: New Vegas here.

http://www.psu.com/Bethesda-confirms-Fallout--New-Vegas---Dead-Money-for-PS3--a010585-p0.php
avatar
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Posts : 1653
Kudos : 19
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : freezing in london

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum