DC Universe Online.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DC Universe Online.

Post  Gasman40 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm

So far the monthly fee is $15 but you get te first month free.
The PC players can also buy a $199 life membership but i don't think that can be done on the ps3 because the max amount of funds you can have in your wallet at any one time is $150.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 pm

$15? Wow,that is a bit steep.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 am

yeahh just a bit. Im hoping that they come out with some life membership like for PC because i would rater fork out the extra instead of paying $15 every month. Considering you'll be paying $180 for 12 months anyway i wouldn't mind paying (if the games good of course)
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 am

Just pre-ordered my copy and got $201 for 7 other games i traded in. Not too shabby. Wasn't able to put a pre-order on Crysis though because the customer support system was being a pain in the ass and not working -.-
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  fuchswagen on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:19 am

Gasman40 wrote:Just pre-ordered my copy and got $201 for 7 other games i traded in. Not too shabby. Wasn't able to put a pre-order on Crysis though because the customer support system was being a pain in the ass and not working -.-

Where is the bloody Asia release for this game? Heard reports if you are playing in the wrong region your game would freeze up constantly otherwise so far hearing really good things about the game. The developers had to put up more servers in EU and US due to popularity.
fuchswagen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kudos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 am

Not too sure about the Asia release date but its coming out on the 20th here in Aus if that helps.
Yeahh i've heard some weird stories about glitching but apparently the team working on it are fixing the bugs pretty quick. They've already adressed a few in the first few days out. Can't wait to play it
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 am

Bought this today. So far im waiting for it to finish downloading. When you get it you have to install a 130mb update. Then the game copies data to the HDD, this is roughly 11gb. Then you have to download a 2.5gb install. So in all there is a lot of installing and downloading so i hope this os worth it haha The back of the case also says to have 25.5gb free so its a big game.
Was also going to get ME2 today but because of the Queensland floods it was delayed down here so will wait out for that one.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 am

Okayy, i've tried playing three times and each time the game freezes before i can even get past fighting the second lot of enemies. Don't know whats causing this but im not actually able to play the game -.- not a good start
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  capnwpac on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 am

Exactly what happened to me in the beta.

Not buying it until it's fixed, if at all

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

http://talentless.getgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 am

I wen to the site and they're already working on a patch. I went to the AU forums as well and it seems most people are having the same problem so i hope they get it up and running soon.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Gasman40 wrote:I wen to the site and they're already working on a patch. I went to the AU forums as well and it seems most people are having the same problem so i hope they get it up and running soon.

That's pretty shit mate. I understand that MMO's aren't your average game,but to be completely unplayable after release is a bit slack.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 am

Alrighty, They patched the game early yesterday and i was playing it all yesterday afternoon. I really love it. I haven't played a MMO before so i don't really know what they're meant to run like but DCUO is everything i thought it would be. For me it runs really smoothly and i haven't had any problems so far after the initial one.
The game is kind of like a beat em up. You get different attacks as you level up (different button combos kinda like a beat em up) and different powers or gadgets through an unlock tree. A lot of the time you'll be using hand to hand combat (i do at least because i use martial arts) or getting in close to attack.There are also lots of collectables and what not.
The environments are great. Right now im in gotham because batman was my mentor and its great. Its dark, grimy and there are some famous landmarks throughout the city (crime ally and Ace chemicals for example). I accidentally went to Metropolis yesterday and it looked amazing also. These are only a couple of the places on offer. You can also go to the hero headquarters up in space (its huge and you get lost) which is great to just wander around in.
If you're a fan of comics or the DC universe i recommend picking this up or trying it out at someone else's house. I can see me sinking many hours into it.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top