Which type of FPS would you prefer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which type of FPS would you prefer?

Post  Gasman40 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:09 am

So i was thinking about it, what type of FPS would you rather. One which is like CoD where the main focus is on the multiplayer, and you don't worry too much about anything else, or one like the up coming game RAGE. It is sort of like borderlands in the sense that its post apocalyptic but it is really story driven and is about setting up the atmosphere of the world. (these are two examples of story driven and multiplayer, there are plenty of other examples)

I would rather something like rage. I feel that after COD4 the FPS shooter genre has gone down hill. Not in the sense of gameplay and enjoyment, but more that many games are trying to be the same. The different perks and same gameplay styles. I don't feel there is any originality or fresh ideas coming into the market.

It may be that im just veering away from the online style, but I'm starting to find that being able to explore a world with great rewards is a whole lot more fun.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Which type of FPS would you prefer?

Post  Brad on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Gasman40 wrote:I would rather something like rage. I feel that after COD4 the FPS shooter genre has gone down hill. Not in the sense of gameplay and enjoyment, but more that many games are trying to be the same. The different perks and same gameplay styles. I don't feel there is any originality or fresh ideas coming into the market.

Mate that type of FPS has been around since the mid to late 90's.
COD and the others aren't groundbreaking or trend setting, they simply look better than the Quake's and the Wolfenstein 3D of 10 years ago.

Major

Kudos : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:09 pm

I personally prefer Science fiction shooters (killzone, resistance et al) as I usually like the storylines and weapons. I can't really say much about modern shooters as I haven't really played them, but I do like the idea of B:BC2 in that you can use vehicles.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top