NBA LIVE 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NBA LIVE 10

Post  Balirun on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:46 am

Comes out real soon. If anyone is getting this or plays nba 09 let me know. Basketball

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: NBA LIVE 10

Post  capnwpac on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:51 am

I've tried the ones on ps3 but they just don't do it for me

04 was the best

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

http://talentless.getgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 am

I love b ball. my first was nba 98.( had most since) I think i could move over to 2k8 though. That game is mega popular online. You can see the sweat bead off the players. Cool graphics. Online play is sick. Gonna get fifa 10 too.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:37 pm

i've been converted to the 2k series as of last year. i bought live, then played the 2k demo and prefered it. so i exchanged them. i just bought the 2k10 collectors edition. http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/999/999887p1.html

the 'my player' feature in 2k10 is awesome. let me know if you get it bali

Ace
Corporal
Corporal

Kudos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:58 am

ok. I will be getting it eventually. So many damn games coming out now before xmas. Or i'll hire it for a few days.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm quite keen to get into a basketball game. So the consensus is that 2k10 is better than Live 10?

It's been a while since I had a basketball game, I'm out of touch!

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Kudos : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:39 am

they both have a demo

nba2k10 has scored higher in reviews and sells better

Ace
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Probably a post just for Bali and Ace...

I hired 2k10 out for the weekend. Thought it was really good, was sad to have to take it back. I think I'll probably buy it soon enough.

I only really played the 'My Player' mode. It's really challenging to get into an NBA team which is good. I played for maybe 10 hours in that mode and didn't make it out of the D-League. Your guy starts out at 40 overall in terms of abilities, while the other guys in the squad are around 55-60, so naturally you have your work cut out to get picked. Would take two or three 'seasons' to get your stats up to scratch I think. Got to buy it and play some more to make it all the way.

The only things I didn't like were the menus, which were a little bit confusing to navigate at times, and the referees which sometimes took an age to give up the ball and get the play going again. Something is up with their animations there. Other than that, the actual gameplay is really good.

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:30 am

i saw you playing it, i almost asked you for a game.

i havent made the nba yet on myplayer. quite hard. my first time around i got stuck in the d league.i kept getting cut and signed by the same team. it never made any sense.....then ylod. i made a new guy and started again. played 1 game and got an A+

the menus always seem crap in 2k

Ace
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:52 am

instead of playing with your player you should find the gameplay easier if you play online with an actual nba team. The teams are updated daily due to who plays in real life that day. Everyone in your starting 5 will be 80-95. My fav team is the spurs. each player has their own moves and strengths in different areas. i follow the nba like crazy and know all the players. Another cool mode is team play. 10 online players in the one game. My vid store in darwin still doesn't have them yet. Will buy at the end of the month.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 am

Yeah I figured playing with a proper team of decent players would be somewhat easier to play with. My Player mode is good and addictive though, so I never got around to it.

I had the exact same thing Ace, getting cut and then resigned in the same breath, pretty weird. The Teammate grade (A+, B- etc) is fairly different to your actual performance. I played one game where I was really selfish and got 24 points or so (5 minute quarters) and only got a C+, and then another where I only got about 6 points, but plenty of assists and a bunch of good passes, and got an A-. Which is preferable I wonder?

I'm going to buy it next week I think, need to get me signed.

Bali, I've been getting quite into the NBA this season too, although it's been a while since I really followed it. I'm still making up my mind as to who to support, being an impartial observer. I quite like the Bucks, Brandon Jennings looks pretty amazing. And maybe the Bulls for old time's sake. They were always the favourite back in the 90's for obvious reasons. A bit average now though.

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:52 pm

weezernz wrote:Yeah I figured playing with a proper team of decent players would be somewhat easier to play with. My Player mode is good and addictive though, so I never got around to it.

I had the exact same thing Ace, getting cut and then resigned in the same breath, pretty weird. The Teammate grade (A+, B- etc) is fairly different to your actual performance. I played one game where I was really selfish and got 24 points or so (5 minute quarters) and only got a C+, and then another where I only got about 6 points, but plenty of assists and a bunch of good passes, and got an A-. Which is preferable I wonder?

I'm going to buy it next week I think, need to get me signed.

Bali, I've been getting quite into the NBA this season too, although it's been a while since I really followed it. I'm still making up my mind as to who to support, being an impartial observer. I quite like the Bucks, Brandon Jennings looks pretty amazing. And maybe the Bulls for old time's sake. They were always the favourite back in the 90's for obvious reasons. A bit average now though.

Yeah the bulls r a bit average now. Coz austar only has two games a week its hard to follow one team. i seriously love all the teams. Then i will pick one at the start of the game. My dream is to live in the states for 6 months and get good season tickets. This year the all-star game is being played at that new nfl stadium in dallas. 80 000 at a bball game for three days. That would be awesome!

What position did u create ur player?

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 pm

He's a point guard at the moment. Might try something different, and make him much taller when I buy it.

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:49 am

hey ace i have nba for the weekend, wanna play?

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  tristo8 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 am

I'm a 2k convert also. NBA live series stared to get stale. I've had every game from NBA live 95 on pc to about 2008 then switched to the 2k series. Hope to get the new one soon

tristo8
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Ordered mine on Friday. Should arrive Monday...

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Well i am converted. i hired both over the weekend. nba live fixed heaps of their problems but 2k is on a whole other level. So many moves and plays. dont like the shot- stick though. Use to using that for dribbling moves. will buy 2k for sure. its wicked.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Yeah I agree about the shot stick. I kept on giving it a flick to try and do a spin or something half way down the court and biffing a stupid shot. I've pretty much stuck to using square to shoot, but you lose a lot of flexibility in shot selection that way. Practice practice practice.

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 am

sorry bali, did see your post....are we psn friends? i'll send you a request if not

im a fan of the mavs and my boy dirk. i've followed nba religiously for....ever. i watch all the games on tenHD plus i stream live games on the computer and also i download games from a torrent site...like if there is an awesome game or some guy goes for 50 i'll download it. i have a massive collection of nba games, some very old on hundreds of video tapes and now on my ps3

if you guys wanna stream games - channelsurfing.net

download games - http://bt.davka.info/

Ace
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am

Ace wrote:sorry bali, did see your post....are we psn friends? i'll send you a request if not

im a fan of the mavs and my boy dirk. i've followed nba religiously for....ever. i watch all the games on tenHD plus i stream live games on the computer and also i download games from a torrent site...like if there is an awesome game or some guy goes for 50 i'll download it. i have a massive collection of nba games, some very old on hundreds of video tapes and now on my ps3

if you guys wanna stream games - channelsurfing.net

download games - http://bt.davka.info/

Cheers man. I got the international broadband deal from nba.com. My Net isnt fast enough to run the games without buffering at the moment. I watch a game for 10 mins then it slows down. Last season austar gave me 3 big games a week. This season only 2. Sad. I will get the net sorted but i wish i could buy a dish to pick up nba tv and tnt. Did you play ice?

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:55 pm

ice? are you asking if i play?

Ace
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 am

I'm still waiting for my copy. I misread the T&C's of the website I ordered it on. I thought it was 2-3 days delivery, but it's actually 2-3 days despatch, plus 7-10 for delivery. Tomorrow will be day 13 since despatch, hopeless website...

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Ace wrote:ice? are you asking if i play?

Yeah sorry i meant ACE.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top