Q1 PS3 games radar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Q1 PS3 games radar

Post  mrcrowley24 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Whats on everyone's game radar for the first quarter of 2010? Its quite surprising how many AAA games are coming out within the first 3 months. Here's are list of a few, I wont get them all, but I will be tempted.

Darksiders : Wrath of War (5/01/10) - A game that fuses elements of Zelda and God of war. Being a huge fan of Zelda that counts me interested. Its storyline is really interesting (the apocalypse has occured on earth prematurely and Wrath, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, is investigating why). Hopefully reviews are good, if so I will get it.

Bayonetta (5/01/10) - A game that has prefect reviews already from Edge magazine and famitsu (already out in Japan). Edge magazine never gives perfect scores so this is interesting. I have played the demo, its kinda like Devil May Cry 4 gameplay. Im not into that game and this demo didnt set my heart on fire, but none the less, I will keep an eye out on the western reviews.

MAG (26/01/10) - Needs no introducing. I didn't play the beta, some people said it was good, others didnt like it. I will be interested in reviews, but if everyone in the AU gets it then I guess I will.

Bioshock 2 (09/02/10) - FPS shooter set in underwater Rapture in the 50's, only this time you play as the first big daddy! By god this is going to be one hell of a game. Multiplayer is included, big sisters are in and everything will be Bioshock times 2! Will easily get in the 9 out of 10 reviews.

Alien Vs Predator (19/02/10) - Re-imaged game from 2001. Everyone knows of the films an apparently that game back in 2001 on the pc was great. This game was initially banned in Australia, but got back in through appeal. I personally think reviews of this game will be average at best, but I love the iead and I hope for the best.

Heavy Rain (26/02/10) - I dont know much about this game except that its basically a story driven game. Early previews are promising, but I cant say much more than that.

God of War 3 (31/03/10) - Probably the last exclusive franchise that sony has thats worth getting a PS3 for. I have played the first 2 games, but I know that they got great reviews and I will play them once god of war collection comes out in Europe. Ive played the demo for this and it seems great. Im sure this will be a highly reviews game and I look forward to it.

Overall the game I am most interest in getting is Bioshock 2. Bioshock is one of the most original and "next generation" games there is. I'm so glad it ended up coming to PS3. Whats everyone interest in getting? If you read all of my article than you may as well reply:) lol.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Q1 PS3 games radar

Post  capnwpac on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:06 pm

GOW3, Darksiders and DC Universe.

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

http://talentless.getgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:11 pm

GOW3...

MARSTA-J WARHAWK MONTAGE
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kudos : 25
Location : Tbagging you with a dropship, while holding a jeep and Pink Chernovan...

Back to top Go down

Post  GRYM-TYME on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:38 am

MAG and DC i played the MAG Beta it was fun, it was hectic.
GRYM-TYME
Private
Private

Kudos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 am

God of War III, Heavy Rain, MAG, Final Fantasy XIII, Bad Company 2, Homefront, Just Cause 2, and Star Ocean.

and Darksiders and Dante's Inferno, to a lesser extent.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Kudos : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  weezernz on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:46 am

It's touch and go as to whether it'll be Q1 or not (Either way it won't be far from it), but Gran Turismo 5 is the game I'm most looking farward to by a long long way.

This time around it's going to have a fully functioning online component. 1000 cars, shiteloads of tracks, damage, awesome.

Red Dead Redemption looks cool too, but is out in April. In summary, both of my most anticipated games fail to meet your Q1 criteria. I broke the thread.

weezernz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Kudos : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  mozz666 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey Wotta, do you know if there will be any online elements in Just Cause 2?

I had the first one and really enjoyed it!
mozz666
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Viprdude on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Bioshock is awesome. MAG is awesome as well.

Viprdude
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 am

Probably will be getting Battlefield: BC2 and god of war 3. Was looking at getting mag but it didn't really seem like anything great besides the 256 players.
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 am

mozz666 wrote:Hey Wotta, do you know if there will be any online elements in Just Cause 2?

I had the first one and really enjoyed it!
Pretty sure it's single player only.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Kudos : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top