Mafia 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mafia 2

Post  mrcrowley24 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:29 am

Check out this trailer showcasing some cool physics effects of the in game engine.

http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/Mafia-II-PhysX-trailer-New-Scr

Comes out late August and you can expect it to be way better than the Godfather games.

Looks great and will prob be a first day buy for me.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 2

Post  Bourkey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 am

coool might get it
Bourkey
Captain
Captain

Kudos : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:59 am

I am definitely getting this.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Kudos : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  sparton on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 am

maybe

sparton
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

I played the first one as a PC game - enjoyable...
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:25 am

mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:26 pm

The demo is good. Really good mafia feel to it.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:10 am

yeah just played it then, not bad, should get good reviews.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  fuchswagen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Just played the demo, must say I didn't like it. PS2 visuals with a very poor frame rate and crap controls. I also couldn't see anything as my character is so big, filling 2/5 of the screen when aiming. Aiming and shooting is also made similar to xbox controls which to me indicates that this is most likely a port. I was looking forward to this but now I will just have to get this for PC.
Apparently allot of people are unhappy about this - rather entertaining to read about it on the 2K forums.
fuchswagen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kudos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Yeah I was reading this morning how they were saying its a crap port of 360. Will find out soon with the reviews.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 pm

7.0 from IGN, that ain't good. Hopefully Gametrailers will have their review out soon, if its crap then I dont know if I will get it. Sad

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1114635p2.html
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Despite the shortcomings, what I played I enjoyed. It felt like a real Mafia game.
Also, it's something to finally play after there being no releases for two months.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BUZURK on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 am

i cant get into the mafia genre much because of the era i think. id much rather it like san andres style
BUZURK
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Kudos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Got the full game and I really enjoy it. It's actually a lot different than the demo. The map is perfect size and the detail in the environment is top notch. As with all sandbox games like this, the game slowly introduces you to characters which in turn slowly develops the story. It works well and you actually feel involved. At least that's my impression.

One gripe I have though - there's seems to be cops everywhere. You can't even speed without getting in trouble.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:59 am

Good to hear. Im still in two minds on weather to get it. Still got a few hours of infamous left anyways.
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Just finished the story. This game gets a solid 9/10 from me. I loved every moment of it.

The story is so well paced out. The chapters make sense. Everything is believable and realistic, and could easily be mistaken for a movie plot. Chapter 14 could go down in my top 5 gaming chapters.
The gameplay is spot on too, with the game slowly introducing you to new mechanics.

Then there's the environment, which to me is the highlight of the game. It is the BEST game world ive seen. The artwork feels right, the map is a great size and has everything in it you expect it to. It looks amazing, and driving around the city casually is one thing I won't forget about this game.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 pm

awesome - i'm sold!!!

toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  fuchswagen on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 am

wottagunn wrote:Just finished the story. This game gets a solid 9/10 from me. I loved every moment of it.

The story is so well paced out. The chapters make sense. Everything is believable and realistic, and could easily be mistaken for a movie plot. Chapter 14 could go down in my top 5 gaming chapters.
The gameplay is spot on too, with the game slowly introducing you to new mechanics.

Then there's the environment, which to me is the highlight of the game. It is the BEST game world ive seen. The artwork feels right, the map is a great size and has everything in it you expect it to. It looks amazing, and driving around the city casually is one thing I won't forget about this game.

Gunn I have a few questions. Didn't it bother you that your character filled half the screen and you couldn't see anything in front of you especially inside buildings? Also is the controls responsive eg. the sprint button? Can you change the layout of the control scheme? These were my major gripes about the demo and don't know if its the same in the final game.
fuchswagen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 am

fuchswagen wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Just finished the story. This game gets a solid 9/10 from me. I loved every moment of it.

Gunn I have a few questions. Didn't it bother you that your character filled half the screen and you couldn't see anything in front of you especially inside buildings? Also is the controls responsive eg. the sprint button? Can you change the layout of the control scheme? These were my major gripes about the demo and don't know if its the same in the final game.
Didn't bother me at all. The only time I noticed it was whenever I was in my apartment, and that's for about 10 mins total for the whole game.
Sprint - you will rarely use it. No problems there.
Yes you can change the layout. I changed to control type 2, so square is reload and R1 is to take cover. Worked well for me.

wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balirun on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 am

Just started playing this last night. Great so far. The story mode got to me a bit when i realised i hadnt killed anyone in a while. It is warming up now. Up to chap 6. Just did my first hit.
No gliches in the story so far. well back to it.

Balirun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  fuchswagen on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:34 am

Balirun wrote:Just started playing this last night. Great so far. The story mode got to me a bit when i realised i hadnt killed anyone in a while. It is warming up now. Up to chap 6. Just did my first hit.
No gliches in the story so far. well back to it.

I am trying to finish this mess of a game. But chapter 14 is like glitch city.
1st bug is Joe not following me down the skyscraper and thus not killing the last guy so now I am unable to finish the chapter.
2nd bug In order to collect money for a certain mission in chapter 14 you can either rob stores or crush cars at the scrapyard. If you rob stores then the next chapter wont load. Wish I knew this before hand.
I will try chapter 14 one more time and then burn the disc if it fails me again.
Even after all this time they have not patched any of these problems. 2K is starting to piss me off.
fuchswagen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top